Hi, guys! I submitted a piece for Brooklyn, a Steve/Bucky art & comics fanzine. It’s been great working on this and meeting the other artists and I really look forward to seeing it in print! Preorders close August 9th, by the way!
Watching Eternal Summer is giving me the feels ;_; Decided to revisit some older Free fan art, now that I have a better grasp of the pose and coloring I was going for. I think we will make this a postcard print for Y-Con.
Which by the way, we’re going to Yaoicon!! September 12-14, San Francisco! I’m so excited! XD
Here’s a tiny piece of Vampire Academy fan art for the third edition of Cinema Shots, our mini-zine on awesome drink pairings for awesome movies.
More of the Haikyuu!! artjamming when I was in Seattle with ocicatsy. I…think the theme was shorts?
Previous HQ!! artjams:
ha I forgot we drew this
d2cm replied to your post “tagged by a-social-construct THE RULES: Always post the rules. …”
HARPER HALL TRILOGY IS THE BEST AS IS THE BORROWERS
YES! haha though when I read through Borrowers Avenged again more recently, I realized that a lot of what I’d enjoyed wasn’t even in the book itself but just all my daydreams about being a borrower
lohkay replied to your photoset “I was thinking about how much I enjoyed the use of fantastic language…”
Loved these books and your fanart really helped shape my headcanons for these characters! *W* I love your Europe!
Thank you! I’m surprised there’s not more of a fandom for them, especially since there’s so much fun imagery. I think re-reading MBT will be my summer reading project :D
Self portrait as caladine pistoleer. This didn’t quite seem to fit with the fanart. Anyhow, one of the many, many reasons I love the world of Monster-Blood Tattoo is that outrageous hats are in fashion for monster-hunters.
I was thinking about how much I enjoyed the use of fantastic language in Monster-Blood Tattoo and decided to put up all my old fan art on tumblr. It’s mostly Europe, because she is AMAZINGGGG. Everyone, read these books! Ass-kicking older female mentor with ambiguous morals who gets her own major character arc throughout the trilogy! One of my favorite book characters ever!
tagged by a-social-construct
- Always post the rules.
- Answer the questions from the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones.
- Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
- Movie or other thing you watched/read obsessively as a child: There are so many! I was a habitual re-reader. The Borrowers series was one of the first (about tiny people who secretly live in your house), the Harper Hall of Pern trilogy was also well-worn (girl with a flock miniature dragon friends), I still have so much love for Dealing With Dragons (princess with talking dragon friends), and the A Wizard in Rhyme books are also up there with the most re-read (self-insert nerd fantasy with talking dragon sidekick). Many of the others I could list also involve dragons.
- Fandom you wouldn’t be able to stop loving even if you wanted to: I tend to only be fannishly active in spurts so I always love em and leave em. I will probably continue to occasionally read Harry Potter fic for the rest of my life, though I’ve never been active in that fandom.
- Movie, game, comic, novel or other thing you would never loan to anybody because it would wreck you if you never got it back: It’s not actually mine, but I treasure wensleydale's out of print Paul Pope Artbook.
- do you know how to tie a tie: Nope.
- favorite character who is a bad person that you would not want to know in real life: Currently Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones) or Ankh (Kamen Rider 000)
- most embarassing childhood name for a pet, imaginary friend, stuffed animal or doll: My second cat, Tiger Lily (named after the now cringe-inducing Peter Pan musical)
- last five songs you listened to: The last five songs on Grizzly Bear’s Shields.
- what’s the farthest from home that you’ve ever been by yourself? Just various airports for connecting flights.
- what’s the farthest from home you’ve ever been with someone else? Paris! With @wensleydale
- is there something wrong that people usually assume about the place that you live, and how is it wrong? That residents of DC get congressional representation. (Though actually I don’t live in the city anymore!)
- if you had to be stuck in a historical time period before 1900, which would it be and why Oh man I would never ever want to time travel backward, but I’ll go with medieval times because I’d hope for dragons haha
I’ll skip coming up with more questions and tagging because it is time for me to get to bed.
A pile of kittens
- Let's Make Fun Of: Anthropologie Furniture
I love to hate Anthropologie furniture. In particular, the way they stage it for their website. There’s...
- micchanotaku said:TELL ME YOU SHIP KAGEHINA TOO, PLEASE. I'M SUFFERING.
of course i do